What impact have we had in the 3 years we’ve been active?
1) Our group has managed to bring together over 80 adolescents from east and west Jerusalem on a weekly basis. As a result of this activity, strong connections were formed between the youths leading to border-crossing encounters, which continue outside the framework of our running team.
2) Our adolescents have represented Jerusalem together at international races overseas each year: in Milan, Berlin and London. This was the first incident where teenagers from east and west Jerusalem represented the city together as a source of shared pride.
3) We have produced 6 joined Jewish-Arab races stemming from a desire to include the community created around the running group in our activities. These races were the first of their kind in Jerusalem and have had over 1,300 runners participate in them from east and west Jerusalem – over 500 of which were adolescents.
4) Impact on the establishment – in light of the success of our running group, the educational administration of east Jerusalem refers principles of schools to send adolescents to our activities.
5) Our running team has been reported on by over 200 media outlets in Israel and abroad, among them CNN and the Israeli foreign ministry.
https://www.runnerswithoutborders.org/Our youth-level running group consists of dedicated runners who train together and have regular discussion sessions. They have competed in local and international races as a group.
Participants come from all over Jerusalem, including the most violent and difficult neighborhoods. The group trains weekly with a professional coach in the Liberty Bell Park.
>Think you have what it takes to run without borders? Let us know.
Our women’s and men’s running teams have competed in multiple events and also hold non-running events to foster friendships between its members. Our adult groups competes annually in the Jerusalem Marathon as well as Runners Without Borders own running events.
Participants come from all over Jerusalem and proudly represent the city as a source of diversity and coexistence. All groups train weekly with a professional coach in Jerusalem’s Givat Ram stadium.
We produce shared life races, open to everyone who wishes to bring change to Jerusalem. Come participate in one of our runs! Everyone is welcome.
Participants come from all over Jerusalem and proudly represent Jerusalem as a source of diversity and coexistence. Our runners are proud, loud, and ready to change the world.
Our next race will take place in November 2018. If you’re interested in running, please reach out to us!